My childhood and subsequent life opportunities were transformed by the intervention of a British charity.
I have had an exciting career running public and corporate welfare services, and setting up a variety of third sector organisations.
I have lived and worked around the world which has fuelled my passion regarding diversity and the cultural nuances of enterprises.
I believe that every individual can be “turned on” by positive leadership and management conditions and I seek to support that in organisations.
Patrick and I co-founded and led Connect Assist, the successful enterprise working with charities.
Some of my background includes
- I am a qualified MBA with accreditations for coaching, organisational transition and managing trauma.
- Led outsourcing of key customer services for a range of commercial and third sector organisations.
- Created systems to conform to a range of international accreditation standards.
- Managed the development of a dozen mental health services delivered on a multichannel basis.
- Undertaken multiple service reviews, including mystery shopping the offering and conducting beneficiary reviews.
- Coached a range of organisation leaders with particular emphasis on organisation development and risk management.
Other work that I do
- Founder and Director of Connect Assist, the UK's leading provide of charity helplines and digital technology.
- Non Executive Director on the Commercial and Organisation development board at POBL Housing Association, Wales’ largest registered social landlord.
- National Advisory Board member of Barnardos Cymru.